The common areas of Briarwood Park belong to all of us and their appearance is key to maintaining and improving the value of our homes. We recognize that there is some variation in the common grounds and exterior appearance of our residences, which makes our neighborhood unique among other condominium complexes. We strive to permit this level of uniqueness while also maintaining the overall design aesthetic originally established for Briarwood Park.
Condo By-Laws stipulate* that no owner shall make alterations to the exterior appearance of, or make structural modifications to their unit, including all surrounding common grounds, without written approval of the Board. Changes pertain to both:
· Limited common grounds, which include porches, courtyards and decks · Common grounds, which include walkways and all landscape areas
Please follow the below process to gain approval prior to making exterior changes.
1. Submit a detailed plan of your proposed modification to your Property Manager. 2. The Architectural Review Committee reviews the plan and recommends disposition. 3. The Board then approves or disapproves the proposal, and communicates their decision.
It is important to note that approval must be obtained before the owner makes a change. This is to avoid the wasted cost of removing or re-doing an alteration that is not approved.
Below is additional information to assist you with this subject, and advise you on some of the recent alterations approved. The following decisions reached are only applicable, if you plan to make changes to the outside of your homes or the surrounding common grounds.
Please contact one of us with any questions. Thank you for your support!
Board of Directors
ALTERATIONS AND MODIFICATIONS
A detailed plan for any change to the exterior appearance to your condo, or any modifications to the Common Elements must be submitted prior to the beginning of work for approval by the Architectural Committee. Compliance with the following guidelines will expedite approvals.
· Authorized exterior colors (Sherwin Williams colors): o House trim Flagstone gray o Decks Flagstone gray or Sequoia o Exterior Decorative doors Flagstone gray or Black o Storm Doors Gray or Black o Exterior Garage doors Flagstone gray
· Windows, Decorative Gates, and Storm door designs should conform to the existing designs within the neighborhood.
· Satellite dishes must be approved prior to installation, and must be installed on the ground in an inconspicuous location within the landscape.
· Expansion of decks is not allowed nor is glass panel railings. Steps are allowed if desired, and should be located to the back or side of the deck.
· Landscape changes to common grounds require advance approval. All plans will be reviewed for their impact on maintenance and irrigation expense as well.
· The color for mulch is black only.
· Three (3) decorative statues at a height of no more than two (2) feet each are allowed within the Common ground areas.
· Wetlands located to the South and West of the property, are not to be altered or cut back. The DEQ has given the Association permission to trim back the vegetation when over growing the lot line and hampering sprinklers.
· All drapes, drape liners and window coverings seen from the outside should be white or near white in color
*Briarwood Park Condominiums, Association By-Laws, Exhibit “A”, Article VI- Restrictions, Section 3-Alterations and Modifications